We are happy to offer you the option to meet and talk in person, or via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom or the phone. Feel free to reach out 24/7 to 1-888- OPENARMS or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to chat.
If you are pregnant, and not sure that you are ready to parent, we can help!
It’s never too early or too late in your pregnancy to contact us if you are pregnant. Open Arms will provide non-judgmental, personal support to help you decide what is best for you and your baby. If you want to learn more about making an adoption plan with Open Arms, call us anytime at 1-888-OPENARMS (888.673.6276) or email us at email@example.com. View our brochure about Open Adoption in English. We have a Spanish version as well.
Work With a 24 Hour Adoption Agency
We work hard to meet your needs on your schedule. An adoption counselor will visit you, wherever and whenever you choose. We can also help with other needs such as groceries, housing and arranging prenatal appointments for you.
Supporting The Option You Choose for Your Pregnancy
As a pro-choice agency, we honor whatever choice you make. Should you need referrals for parenting resources or abortion services, we have many trustworthy providers that will take good care of you.
Can I Choose Adoption If I Already Had My Baby?
It’s never too late to choose adoption. We are here to support you. Open Arms can meet with you in the hospital to talk more about the option of adoption, within an hour or two. We can help you to get your needs met, assist with hospital discharge, drive you home, and help with any insurance issues.
Can I Choose Adoption If I Already Took My Baby Home?
We are here if you are struggling at home trying to raise your baby. If you have questions about adoption and how it works, please reach out. We can meet you at a place that is comfortable for you so we can learn more about your situation, and help you explore if adoption might be an option worth considering. We have many families who are open to adopting babies or toddlers.
What Makes Open Arms Adoption Different
We are a local agency and can meet you wherever you’re most comfortable, and can do so right away if you would like; we can offer real, in-person visits and get to know you face-to-face, not just by phone calls, emails or texts.
Your Baby. Your Choice.
This is about you and your baby. You make the decisions about what is right for you. Women we work with feel empowered to consider all options and they ultimately choose the option that is right for them. You determine whatever level of support is right for you, and with Open Arms, you will never feel pressure from us for you to move forward with giving your baby up for adoption.
Benefits of Working with a Local Adoption Agency
Local Counselors, Resources, Families Waiting to Adopt – Ensuring that you have what you need within reach
With offices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware & New York, we provide local resources to ensure that you have personalized support to include:
- A local counselor to meet with you to answer your questions about adoption
- A local counselor to support you at the hospital helping to ensure your needs are met and your privacy is protected
- Local resources to help you get back on your feet
- Local adoptive families, should you want to stay in touch
Ongoing Adoption Support
Ongoing Support – Offering you personalized support during your pregnancy and after you give birth
In addition to our free in-person counseling, which is available to you as long as needed, we offer free support and mentor groups for women considering adoption, and for those whose children have already been adopted.
Every woman desires a different level of support and you can decide what is right for you. This is your adoption plan.
Our birth and adoptive parents become a part of our Open Arms family; we are committed to meeting the needs of everyone who works with us.
Choosing the Type of Adoption that Works for You
Should you decide to put your baby up for adoption, you can choose the adoptive family that is right for your baby and the level of future contact that you makes you feel comfortable.
In Open Adoption, birth and adoptive families maintain direct contact with one another through photos, letters and visits.
Women who choose Semi-Open Adoption stay connected to the adoptive family through the ongoing involvement of Open Arms.
For those women who feel staying in touch may be too emotionally difficult, Confidential Adoption offers the birth parents the opportunity to plan an adoption while maintaining complete privacy and confidentiality throughout the years. But, even down the road in a Confidential Adoption, if a woman desires to reconnect with the Adoptive Family and baby, Open Arms would be happy to assist in this process.
Helpful Articles for Women Thinking About Adoption
Understanding the Adoption Process
If you are working through an unplanned pregnancy and thinking about adoption, then these articles are perfect for you. They discuss everything about adoption services from how to find waiting families, how to choose the best adoption professional, how to make a hospital plan, or even what to expect during the decision making process.
- Do I Need an Attorney to Put My Baby Up For Adoption?
- Understanding Adoption Options
- How to Choose an Adoption Agency
- The Best Questions to Ask an Adoption Agency
- Can I stay in contact with my baby if I choose Adoption?
- If I Am Considering Giving My Baby up for Adoption while I am at the Hospital: How Does it Work?
- Can I put my Baby up for Adoption if I Currently am Using or if I am Currently in Treatment?
- Can I keep my adoption plan a secret?
- Is Adoption still possible during the Coronavirus Pandemic?
- Adoption as an Alternative Option to Foster Care
- Do Orphanages Still Exist and Will My Baby Go to One?
- I Want a Closed Adoption. Do Closed Adoptions Still Exist?
Finding Adoptive Parents for Your Baby
As a birth parent, one of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make is who will adopt and raise your child. Parental rights are a very special thing and these articles can help better understand the process of finding the perfect family as you place your child for adoption. Whether this is a last minute adoption or you think you might be pregnant, just know that the final decision on the selected family is always yours.
- Can You Change Adoptive Couples Before the Baby is Born?
- 4 Tips to Help You Choose the Best Adoptive Parents For Your Baby
- How can I find a same sex couple to adopt my baby?
- Are Waiting Adoptive Families Good People?
- Tips for Choosing an Adoptive Family for Your Baby
- Can you Choose Who Adopts Your Baby?
- Finding Adoptive Parents Based on Your Baby’s Race
- Top Reasons to Choose a Black Family to Adopt Your Baby
Considering Adoption for Your Unwanted Pregnancy
If you have just started thinking about adoption for your baby then this section is just for you. Whether you are in the early days of your pregnancy or you are reading this from the hospital after having your baby, know that adoption is always an option for you and your child. We hope the information we provided below helps answer your questions about the process, but if you are ready for further support please contact us 24/7.
- Can I Choose Adoption if I am Pregnant and Homeless?
- Considering Adoption and Don’t Know Where to Start
- Can You Choose Adoption After You Take Your Baby Home?
- Should I Put My Baby Up For Adoption?
- How to Tell Your Boyfriend about Your Unwanted Pregnancy
- Is it Really Free to Give My Baby Up for Adoption?
- It’s Not Too Late to Put your Baby Up for Adoption
- I already have a toddler and now I am pregnant and considering adoption
- Are You Feeling Pressure to Keep Your Baby While Considering Adoption?
- 7 Important Factors When Considering Adoption
- Is Open Adoption Right for Me and My Baby?
- Top 10 Reasons to Choose Adoption Instead of Abortion
Dealing with an Unwanted Pregnancy
- 9 Tips for Dealing with an Unplanned Pregnancy
- What Should I do if I Got My Friends with Benefits Pregnant?
- Will I regret the decision to get an abortion?
- Can I get the Child Tax Credit if I Give My Baby Up for Adoption?
- Signs of Pregnancy and When to Take a Test
- Alternative Options to Abortion for an Unwanted Pregnancy
- How to tell family and friends about your unwanted pregnancy
- How to Tell Your Boyfriend about Your Unwanted Pregnancy
- I’m 6 Months Pregnant and worried, what should I do?
Adoption Testimonials From Women Who Chose Adoption